Dr Skjalg E. Johnsen
Principal and Specialist Orthodontist
Skjalg is originally from Norway and moved to Stockholm, Sweden to study dentistry at the famous Karolinska Institute when 20. After five years’ study, he graduated in 2000 and, alongside clinic, he continued research obtaining his PhD in 2005. He furthered his training and career at the Eastman Institute in Stockholm, qualifying as a Specialist Orthodontist 2008. In 2009, he moved to Southsea with his wife, Senobar, and they made this their home. In the world of orthodontics, he specialises in modern clear techniques for adults and teens.
Outside of dentistry, Skjalg has an interest in music and art and also likes playing badminton, skiing and travelling.
- Specialist Orthodontics
- Orthodontic treatments for adults and teens
- Invisalign® – clear braces
- Lingual braces (behind your teeth)
- Six Month Smiles™ for short term orthodontics in suitable cases
- Karolinska Institute Dental School, Stockholm, Sweden 1995-2000 DDS
- Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden 2000-2005 PhD
- Postgraduate training at Eastman Institute in Stockholm, Sweden 2005-2008 Specialist Orthodontist
- British Orthodontic Society (BOS)
- Specialist Orthodontist (GDC Registered)